The sun certainly provides mood-elevating benefits because it activates certain hormones in your brain that can help you have an elevated mood, and find calmness and focus.
Along with the positive effects of sunlight on the body, it also has many benefits on mental health that improve overall health.
In this article, we will discuss what are the benefits of exposure to sunlight that can improve your mental health and well-being.
Sunlight Benefits to Improve your Wellbeing
Sunlight has many positive effects on mental health and well-being. Here is a list of some of the benefits that you will get from being exposed to an adequate amount of sunlight.
- Boosts mood: Good sun exposure increases levels of the “feel-good” hormone serotonin in the body, which improves mood and reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Regulates circadian rhythm: Sunlight helps regulate your body’s circadian rhythm, which controls the sleep-wake cycle. It can improve the quality of your sleep and reduce symptoms of insomnia and other sleep disorders.
- Increases Vitamin D: As you know, sunlight is a major source of Vitamin D. It improves cognitive function including memory, attention and reaction time.
- Reduce stress: Sun exposure also acts as a stress-reducing effect, which can help improve overall mental health and wellbeing.
- Increases energy levels: Exposure to sunlight increases energy levels, and this is good for people who suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
Exposure to sunlight releases significant amounts of nitric oxide into the bloodstream, which helps lower blood pressure in your body and promotes good heart health. Absorbing enough sunlight also benefits the body by facilitating the absorption of calcium.
Therefore, incorporating moderate sun exposure into your daily routine can have a positive effect on your mental health and well-being. It is important that you practice safe sun exposure by using sunscreen and limiting time in the sun during peak hours to reduce the risk of skin damage.
To book an AnuFunYoga session contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
#mentalhealth #wellbeing #sunlightbenefits #AAF