4 Best Relaxation Techniques to Reduce Stress
There are many benefits of relaxation. If taking a break isn’t your priority, you need to reconsider your priority list. Here we bring you the four best relaxation techniques for every age group that will de-stress you. You can use relaxation techniques anywhere and anytime to calm your mind and body instantly.
1) Breathing Exercise
Breathing exercises, also called abdominal breathing, are one of the simplest relaxation techniques, but also one of the most effective. It helps to take your mind off the troubling thoughts. Breathing exercises are also beneficial for people who have eating problems. Remember that you should avoid breathing exercises if you have a respiratory condition or heart failure or any difficulty in breathing.
To start with a breathing exercise:
- Sit or stand somewhere comfortable with your elbows slightly behind you.
- After this take a long deep breath.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds.
- Exhale out and continue this process for a few minutes.
Not just meditation. Mindful meditation is one of the best relaxation techniques for stress. Research also shows that a mindful meditation session can help people who are experiencing anxiety, depression, or restlessness.
To start with a mindful meditation exercise:
- Find a comfortable and quiet place without distractions.
- Then find a comfortable position in which to sit for a few hours.
- Close your eyes and relax your body and mind.
- Take a deep breath and watch it.
- Detach yourself completely and let go of any good or bad thoughts.
Yoga is an ancient practice that involves a series of postures with rhythmic breathing. The different yoga postures or asanas provide a mental focus that can help you stop running your thoughts and make you relax. Even a good yoga session can improve your balance and flexibility in the long run. However, not all yoga asanas are for everyone. If you are new to yoga then you should start with basic yoga and then move on to harder yoga poses.
To start with Yoga:
- Find yoga asanas that are right for you.
- Find a spacious place to do yoga.
- Start with that posture. You can choose three to four different asanas to practice in a session.
4) Sound Baths
A sound bath is a sound therapy which is also known as sound healing. In this technique, you use music or any other calming sound to enhance your mental health. This relaxation technique uses a range of sound-based therapies including physical contact, guided meditation, instrument vibration and breathing exercises.
To get started with the sound bath technique:
- Detect and find music and sound which relaxes your mind.
- Always choose low-frequency noise.
- Your session can last up to 45 minutes to one hour.
Relaxation is not just good for your physical health but it also boosts your mental health and well-being. So take time out of your busy schedule to practice these relaxation techniques.
#relaxationtechniques #reduce stress #mentalhealth #AAF